In response to the last episode (“Leaving the Institution“), Scott Roche asked if there was any basis for the institutional church at all (at least in the opinion of Ray and Steve). Always enjoying responding to listeners, Ray and Steve devote this entire episode to giving their thoughts in response to Scott’s excellent questions. The usual disclaimers apply, but Ray and Steve attempt to explain why they think the institution might serve some good purposes, but is not a “one-size-fits-all” setup for all believers.
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Judy Gale: This is SO HELPFUL!!!
- Judy Gale: My idea submission is for Raborn and Steve to resurrect the BtB podcast! Just fast-forwa rd to where you...
- Judy Gale: REALLY MISS YOU, STEVE AND RABORN!!!! !! ~JUDY
- Marion Lee: Hi…j ust wondering if you are or intend to do more podcasts?? It has been quite some time since I...
- Stacey Littlefield: Ray and Steve, I’ve been going through some challengin g theologica l ideas over the past...