In this first of a two-part episode, Ray talks with Michael Hardin (executive director of PreachingPeace.org and author of The Jesus-Driven Life) about Mimetic Theory and reading the Bible through the lens of Jesus. Rene Girard, developer of the Mimetic Theory, has said that Michael is “a gifted and effective advocate who is able to make the Mimetic Theory and its application clear and understandable”. In this episode Michael explains the Mimetic Theory and helps us understand it’s significance for believers in Jesus.
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Brenna: Can I get the list of books you recommende d?
- ngie Powr-Disney: It was the Holy Spirit that led me on this search. I have been questionin g all but the words of...
- Susan: Wow! I had decided to go to the beginning of the podcast and start from there (have been listening to the...
- Dawn: I miss you guys. Wish you could do more frequent podcasts.
- Matteo Masiello: How about interviews with people from other faith traditions , other Christians who are more tradi...