In this first of a two-part episode, Ray talks with Michael Hardin (executive director of PreachingPeace.org and author of The Jesus-Driven Life) about Mimetic Theory and reading the Bible through the lens of Jesus. Rene Girard, developer of the Mimetic Theory, has said that Michael is “a gifted and effective advocate who is able to make the Mimetic Theory and its application clear and understandable”. In this episode Michael explains the Mimetic Theory and helps us understand it’s significance for believers in Jesus.
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Will B. Dunn: I totally agree with most everything you all are saying on each of these podcast episodes. But, I think...
- Will B. Dunn: For further study on this topic (Jesus the Man), I highly recommend John Eldredge 8217;s book Beaut...
- Will B. Dunn: I have wondered lately the following: Cain asked God, “Am I my brother 217;s keeper? 221;...
- Karl: “Chr istianity& #8217;s exclusive grip on ChristR 21; seems like a nebulous way of stating that Jesus...
- Brenna: Can I get the list of books you recommende d?