In this episode Ray is joined by Dr. Richard Beck for a discussion of his Slavery of Death blog series which you can find at Richard’s blog, Experimental Theology. This is the first of a three part series surrounding the material covered in the Slavery of Death series. In this first part, Richard and Ray talk about Christus Victor and the Orthodox view of Ancestral Sin. Could it be that the Protestant formulation of sin leading to death might actually need to be reversed; that is death leading to sin? Make sure to join us for all three parts of this series and visit Experimental Theology where you will find the Slavery of Death series, and a lot more theological profundity! Thanks Richard for taking the time to join us for these conversations!
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Judy Gale: This is SO HELPFUL!!!
- Judy Gale: My idea submission is for Raborn and Steve to resurrect the BtB podcast! Just fast-forwa rd to where you...
- Judy Gale: REALLY MISS YOU, STEVE AND RABORN!!!! !! ~JUDY
- Marion Lee: Hi…j ust wondering if you are or intend to do more podcasts?? It has been quite some time since I...
- Stacey Littlefield: Ray and Steve, I’ve been going through some challengin g theologica l ideas over the past...