Prompted by a suggestion from listener Joshua, Steve and Ray fire up a discussion about Panentheism and whether or not it could be a helpful idea in our journey with God. Panentheism is to not to be confused with Pantheism (the belief that creation itself is God), but rather is the idea that the entirety of the universe is a part of God. Rather than the classic view of God’s separateness from creation, Panentheism posits that the creation itself is infused by the Divine, and therefore cannot be separated from God. Join Steve and Ray as they explore this idea, and journey with them down the usual rabbit trails! Have an idea for the podcast that you would like to hear discussed? Let us hear it by submitting it here: http://www.beyondtheboxpodcast.com/idea-submission
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Will B. Dunn: I totally agree with most everything you all are saying on each of these podcast episodes. But, I think...
- Will B. Dunn: For further study on this topic (Jesus the Man), I highly recommend John Eldredge 8217;s book Beaut...
- Will B. Dunn: I have wondered lately the following: Cain asked God, “Am I my brother 217;s keeper? 221;...
- Karl: “Chr istianity& #8217;s exclusive grip on ChristR 21; seems like a nebulous way of stating that Jesus...
- Brenna: Can I get the list of books you recommende d?