The Chicken Manure Incident – It was supposed to be a quick and dirty solution. Early in the morning on June 4, 2013, workers from the City of Abbotsford, BC pulled up to a homeless camp on the side of the road and dumped a truckload of chicken manure on the site. Intended as a quick and dirty way to disperse this “problem population,” little did those who concocted the scheme realize who they were messing with. In this episode Kevin Miller joins Ray to talk about his new documentary film, The Chicken Manure Incident, and the subject of homelessness. Who are the homeless? How can we help them? Why do we see the homeless as “them” anyway? Join us for a discussion about Kevin’s new film, homelessness, and following Jesus with “the least of these”. Thanks Kevin for joining us for this great conversation! Check out The Chicken Manure Incident available on Vimeo On Demand, and “like” the Facebook page for the movie!
Welcome to Beyond the Box. This is a place where any question can be asked, no topic is off-limits, and we just "think out loud" about life outside the bounds of institutional religion.
Subscribe to Beyond the Box
Leave an Audio Comment
Click the widget above, enter the number you wish to call from, and Google Voice will call you and connect you to our voicemail where you can leave an audio comment. Or just call (626) 24-NO-BOX (626-246-6269)to reach our voicemail.
- Judy Gale: This is SO HELPFUL!!!
- Judy Gale: My idea submission is for Raborn and Steve to resurrect the BtB podcast! Just fast-forwa rd to where you...
- Judy Gale: REALLY MISS YOU, STEVE AND RABORN!!!! !! ~JUDY
- Marion Lee: Hi…j ust wondering if you are or intend to do more podcasts?? It has been quite some time since I...
- Stacey Littlefield: Ray and Steve, I’ve been going through some challengin g theologica l ideas over the past...